LAST UPDATED: February 15, 2023
Your privacy is important to us. Although our ability to provide certain service requires that we collect Personal Information about our users, we take measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. We are committed to undertaking reasonable measures to protect the privacy, accuracy, reliability and security of all of the Personal Information that is provided to us and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please read the following description of our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information.
Our Services have various features and services. Many of these features and services are available to all visitors to our Services. Some features and services may only be available to those that have registered with our Services.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure PracticesWherever possible, we will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the Personal Information is collected.
We may use Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided and for certain other activities, which are reasonably ancillary to such purpose. For example, if you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, we will use your e-mail address to respond to you. Further, we may store your e-mail and e-mail address and a copy of our response for future reference. We may request Personal Information from you such as name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, age, income, interests and gender for purposes such as newsletter,
chat room, contest and auction registration, and for participation in other interactive online activities as well as to enable us to market various goods and services to you.
We also may use Personal Information provided to us to better understand your needs and preferences; to provide to you information about our future events and other items that we believe you may be interested in, including the events of similar organizations; to recommend particular products and services; and to market various goods and services.
We may share information with current or future “affiliates”, a term that includes our parent and subsidiary companies, joint venture partners, registered charities operated by us or other companies we control, are controlled by, or with which we are under common control.
If you have given us your express consent, from time to time we may share your Personal Information with other businesses, marketing partners and advertisers. We will only share such information with these third parties whose policies regarding Personal Information are consistent with our privacy policies and where we have your express consent to do so.
If you have given us your express consent, we may also use your Personal Information to send you offers from our corporate marketing partners and other business partners. In addition, if you have given us your express consent, from time to time we may share your data with certain of these partners so that they may send you offers directly.
We may analyse Personal Information and other data in order to enhance our events and Services.
email@example.com. You may also set your Internet browser preferences to notify you when you receive a cookie or decline acceptance of cookies. However, if you decline acceptance of cookies you may experience less than optimal performance of our Services.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information that is relevant to a legal proceeding or as permitted or required by law.
Transaction Data Usage and Collection – LOILTY Rewards Program
We currently use Fidel and the card networks (Visa and Mastercard) to monitor card transactions for your participation in earning LOILTY Rewards Points when shopping with Participating Merchants. Your agreement to the LOILTY Rewards Terms and Conditions authorize Fidel and the card networks to monitor the transactions made with your registered eligible payment cards at participating merchants to confirm qualified transactions. The data collected from Fidel includes your registered card identifier, merchant location, transaction date/time and amount.
- Use transaction data such as transaction amount, transaction time and merchant location to confirm a Qualifying Purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for rewards.
- Share transaction data with the participating merchant where a transaction occurred as needed for the merchant to confirm a specific transaction occurred. For example, the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- Provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to registered card activity solely to allow participating merchants and Third Party Service Provider (Fidel) to assess the results of their campaign;
- Create a record of the transaction data and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Program;
- Provide information in order to respond to a request from government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a merchant.
By registering a payment card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorize OEG to share your payment card information with Visa, Mastercard (Payment Networks) so it knows you enrolled. You authorize Mastercard and Visa to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify qualifying purchases in order to determine whether you have qualified for or earned an offer linked to your payment card, and for Visa, Mastercard (Payment Networks) to share such transaction details with OEG and participating merchants to enable your card-linked offer(s) and provide offers that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the payment card(s) you have registered by navigating to the Card-Linking page on the LOILTY Rewards program menu.
We respect the right of each person to control how his or her Personal Information is used. If, for example you do not want us to collect your Personal Information, you may, in some circumstances be able to opt out at the time the Personal Information is collected. If, for example you do not want us to provide your Personal Information to our affiliates, or if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may, in some circumstances not provide your consent for such activities at the time the Personal Information is collected. Understand that you can also withdraw your consent at a later date, unless legal requirements prevent this or give us particular directions regarding your Personal Information. To do so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may make the following choices regarding your Personal Information:
- Unsubscribe. You may opt-out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the promotional email communication and updating your preferences. Additionally, you may identify specific email publications about our Services which you would like to receive by our websites. Please note that we may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
- SMS and MMS. You may opt out of receiving promotional SMS and MMS messages (e.g., text messages) from us by replying “STOP” to any message, which is free of charge. Please note that we may respond to your opt- out request with a message confirming that you have successfully opted out.
- Permanently Delete Information. You may request to have your Personal Information personally deleted at any time, under certain conditions. To exercise this option, please contact email@example.com.
Our Services may automatically collect information when you visit them, such as which pages you visit, as well as your IP address, domain name, other device or network information, or location information. We may use this information for our internal business purposes, for example to tailor content on our Services or to assess the amount of traffic to our Services. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
- Security SafeguardsOnly authorized employees and agents of ours who need access to your Personal Information in the course of their duties will have access to the information. We have security measures in place against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction of Personal Information under our control. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security. However, due to the nature of the Internet and the limits of technology we cannot guarantee that these security measures will not be breached in all circumstances. In the event of a security breach, we will comply with all applicable laws to notify you about the breach so that you can take protective steps.
Our Services which collect payment information online use industry-standard encryption technology to protect the security of your credit-card information.
- Access to your Personal InformationUpon request, you have the right to confirm whether or not we maintain or control any Personal Information relating to you and whether such Personal Information has been used or disclosed by us. You also have the right, upon request, to access such Personal Information and to request correction of any erroneous or out-of-date Personal Information about you. In some limited circumstances as prescribed by law, we may not be able to grant you access to your information.
We pledge to investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of Personal Information and to comply fully with the legal or regulatory supervisory authorities responsible for enforcing our adherence to the privacy principles stated above.
- Children’s Privacy Statement (Users Under 13 Years Old)We take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of Personal Information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding Personal Information of children under 13 years old.
In general, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 via our Services, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting data on our Services, such as in our fan chat rooms (when available). We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose Personal Information to participate in the activities in any youth-focused section of our Services.
From time to time, we may offer children the opportunity to enter youth-oriented promotions or contests via our Services. In this case, the child will be asked only to provide his or her first name and email address, as well as his or her parent’s name and email address. We will use the information only to notify the contest winners, and will require that the winner’s parent provide us with whatever information is needed to provide the prize.
We may also post information on our Services about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address or favorite hockey player) to enter. For these promotions and contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from our Services and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to provide personal information via our Services in respect of these promotions or to enter these contests online.
If you have any comments or questions about the information you or your children have submitted on our Services, including its accuracy, integrity, or completeness, or if you wish to access, review, verify, correct, amend, or remove such information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you have any questions or comments about our use of your or your children’s Personal Information or about our commitment to protecting your and your children’s privacy, please contact email@example.com.
- Contact Us
If you have any comments or questions about our privacy or security practices or about your Personal Information in our control, including its accuracy or integrity, or if you wish to change your preferences as to how we use and disclose your Personal Information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.