Local Tastes, Wide Variety, Greater Accessibility Highlight Rogers Place Culinary Offerings
(Edmonton, AB) – The Rogers Place Food and Beverage Team unveiled today the robust lineup of dining options for Rogers Place that will transform the culinary experience for hockey fans and concert goers alike.
With modern cooking equipment, ample kitchen space and the latest amenities, the Rogers Place menu features an expansive lineup of food, reflecting the many tastes and flavours of Edmonton and Alberta, which is sure to delight the crowds. The concessions menu alone includes over 80 food items.
“From day one we made a commitment to our fans that Rogers Place will deliver an amazing food and beverage experience throughout the facility,” said Susan Darrington, Rogers Place General Manager. “With our partners at Aramark, I’m thrilled to say the Rogers Place Food and Beverage Team has truly delivered on this promise and I can’t wait for our guests to experience our fresh, diverse and locally-inspired food and beverage offerings.”
Led by Regional Executive Chef for Aramark Sports & Entertainment O’Brien Tingling, Rogers Place Executive Chef Johnny Blackerby and Rogers Place Food and Beverage General Manager Eric Bayne, the Rogers Place Food and Beverage Team has designed a program that is distinctive to Edmonton. From the types of food to the names of the stands to the ingredients being used, the goal has been to incorporate the history, heritage and unique tastes of Edmonton and the surrounding neighbourhoods.
“Our team of talented culinarians has spent months collaborating with OEG to create a menu and service offerings that elevate the overall experience of this state-of-the-art venue,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “We have taken the culinary program to another level at Rogers Place with a fresh, innovative approach. We look forward to delivering a world-class dining experience befitting of this remarkable new facility, the Oilers and the City of Edmonton.”
Rogers Place’s 16 permanent concession locations, 16 portable stands, 11 fixed bars, five kitchens and multiple grills, carveries and bistros will provide enhanced cooking capabilities and greater access to food options. Among the featured concessions items, fans will find:
- Bobby Nick’s Signature Burger (Created by and named after Oilers Entertainment Group CEO and Vice Chairman Bob Nicholson) – Alberta Beef patty, topped with cheddar cheese, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato and signature sauce
- River City Bison Burger – Provolone cheese, smoked bacon, tomato jam, mustard
- Potato Tottine – Taters tots, cheese curds, gravy, bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onion
- YEG Nacho Grande – Brisket, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, cheese sauce
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich – House smoked brisket, coleslaw, mustard BBQ sauce
- Champions Dog – Coleslaw, pickled jalapeno, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise
- Capital City Lamb Burger – Provolone cheese, tomato relish, pesto mayonnaise
- Roast Alberta Prime Rib Sandwich – Horseradish cream, house blend brined pickles
- Whyte Ave Perogy Dog – Mini potato and cheese perogies, sour cream, bacon, green onion
- Hand-Carved Chicken Shawarma – Onions, tomato, shredded lettuce, tzatziki sauce and garlic-cilantro naan
Additionally, fan favourites – hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chicken tenders, fries; savory snacks – soft pretzels, popcorn, peanuts; and sweet desserts will be available throughout the arena.
Within premium dining, patrons will find a selection of a la carte and menu packages featuring an extensive selection of Chef Blackerby’s signature items. Sample menu items include Candied Salmon Nicoise Salad, Firecracker Jumbo Tiger Prawns, Braised Black Apron Farms Short Ribs, Coriander Crusted Lamb Sirloin, Mediterranean Tapas Platter, Roasted Free Range Chicken and Marinated Beets Salad.
To underscore the fresh, local and authentic tastes, a variety of ingredients and products are being sourced from regional vendors and farms, including Black Apron Beef, Mona Foods, Canada Bread, Crust Craft, WOW Factor Desserts, Centennial Foodservice Meats, and Innisfail Lamb.