Rogers Place open house completely booked, people urged to plan ahead
A sensational response means that the Rogers Place public open house is completely booked. With 57,700 tickets snapped up, and the other events in Downtown Edmonton on September 10, people are urged to take transit, plan ahead and give themselves extra travel time.
Entry to the Rogers Place open house
- The entrance to the Rogers Place Open House is at 103 St. and 103 Ave. You will travel through a pedestrian portal leading directly into Rogers Place.
- There is no will call service on site, so you’ll need to bring your printed ticket, or be prepared to show it on your phone at the gate. Anyone without a ticket will not be able to attend.
- Show up no more than 20 minutes before the arrival time on your ticket to avoid long line-ups.
- No outside food or beverage, backpacks, umbrellas, or bags larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are not allowed in Rogers Place. Strollers are permitted. A selection of food and beverages will be sold at concessions in Rogers Place.
- A full list of prohibited items is available at rogersplace.com
- If you are late for your entrance time slot, you can join the lineup for the next time slot.
- Promotional photos will be taken at this event. Your attendance signifies your agreement to be in these photos. Local media will also be attending and taking pictures and/or filming.
- Avoid traffic and take transit to get downtown.
- There are four free LRT park and ride locations, and over 40 bus routes will take you directly downtown.
- The Capital Line LRT service typically gets riders into Downtown in 20 minutes or less from end-of-the-line stations. Get off at Churchill or Bay/Enterprise Square stations, and walk a few blocks to beat the crowd.
- Regular transit fares apply for bus and LRT use. For more transit information visit takeETS.com/Downtown
If you plan to drive, consider pre-purchasing your parking on rogersplace.com/getting-to-rogers-place-parking
- Get further information on getting downtown and parking at edmonton.ca/godowntown.
- Once downtown, look for our on-street maps to help guide you. There will also be volunteer street teams helping guide people to their destination.
- If you are biking downtown, check the City of Edmonton’s bicycle map showing route disruptions and bike rack parking. There are also 35 bike racks on the north side of Rogers Place.
- If you’re coming from St. Albert or Strathcona County, check out regional bus service from those communities.
- For information on getting to Roger Place by taxi, or for pick-up/drop-off locations, please visit rogersplace.com for additional information.
Accessible entrance to Rogers Place
- Rogers Place has specified drop-off and pick-up along 104 Ave, west of 102 St for Disabled Adult Transit Service (DATS) and vehicles with placards.
Traffic and transit detours
- 103 Ave. between 102 – 103 St. will be closed for the event. Please use 102 or 104 Avenue.
- 102 Street, from 103 Ave to just south of the Bell Tower Parkade Entrance.
- Transit routes 7, 8, 15, 52 and 112 will be detoured off 103 Ave. for Saturday, September 10. Route 7, 8, 15, and 112 will be detoured to 104 Ave. Route 52 will be detoured to 102 Avenue